search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Set a Resource as Unavailable for a Time Period on Scheduler

Asked by Anonymous
10 years ago.

I was wondering if it is possible to show a Resource as Unavailable/Inactive for a certain time period on the Scheduler. For example, our scheduler shows a list of tasks per users over a selected date range.
The users are set up as Resources. If we wanted to indicate that a user is not available (e.g. holidays, sick, etc), is it possible to show their timeline greyed out or something similar for the duration of the holiday.
Keep in mind the date range on view may be a week, but the holiday may be only 2 days, so for the other 3 days they would need to show as normal / available.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
10 years ago.

You can set custom background color, HTML and CSS class for individual grid cells using BeforeCellRender event handler:

http://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/cell-customization/

Comment posted by Anonymous
10 years ago.

Thanks very much Dan.
I just noticed the bank holiday example after I posted the question, that's perfect.
Just one quick follow up question, does it slow down the rendering of the scheduler much if you are setting different background colours on individual cells?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
10 years ago.

In the latest version all cells are rendered as individual divs so custom settings don't make any significant difference.

In the default configuration the background cells are rendered progressively (only the currently visible viewport and some margin).

Generally you may only see performance problems when you display a very large grid (500+ resources). Even in this case the bottleneck will be the number of resources and not the custom grid cells.

Comment posted by Anonymous
10 years ago.

That's great. Thanks again.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.