search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Combining events with the same name

Asked by Pete
7 years ago.

Due to the recordset I am dealing with, I always have records with the same event next to each other. I can't explain it very well, but I do have an image of what I have and what I am trying to achieve which clear shows what I can't explain.

I did try to upload the png file a couple of times, but it just won't let me. Is there an email address I can send it to?

Comment posted by Pete
7 years ago.

Sent image to support mailbox.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
7 years ago.

Pete,

There was a problem with uploading images but it should be fixed now (thanks for reporting the issue!). Can you please try to open a new question? It should work now. Let me know if the problem persists.

7 years ago.

I got the image, thanks. Please hold on.

7 years ago.

Combining the events:

At this moment you can't merge these events into one automatically but it's possible to use a feature called "Joint Events" which will let you move/resize all of them at once. See the demo (JavaScript version):

http://javascript.daypilot.org/demo/scheduler/eventsjoint.html

Is that something that would help you?

Comment posted by Pete
7 years ago.

Not really ... the problem I have is that each record has an event field, location field and task field, which leads to the the top diagram. However, just to tidy it up and make it more preentable, I was hoping to achieve the bottom diagram without some form of heavy sql.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.