search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Autosize Event Bubbles - almost!

Asked by Simon Edwards
16 years ago.

Bubbles appear to have a fixed width. I wanted them to autosize to contents, so I placed a table in the InnerXml to help formatting and set the bg color of the table to 'tooltip yellow' using the 'style'. Then set the bg color and border color on the bubble itself to Transparent, and turn off the bubble shadow.

This works perfectly in IE7, but in IE6 you can still see a grey line around the original bubble - which looks like the shadow still displaying. Not sure if this is a bug or just a 'feature' of IE6, but ifdo youknow a way to stop this grey border still appearing, or another way to autosize the bubble width to contents?

Thanks
Simon
mailto:coding(REMOVEME)@controlbox(ANDME).co.(ANDMETO)uk

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
The workaround would be to turn off the shadow by setting UseShadow="false".

The automatic width is not easy to achieve (it's an absolutely positioned div) but it would be possible to make it overridable in the RenderContent event handler.

Would that help you?
Comment posted by Simon Edwards
16 years ago.

I'm turning off the shadow, but in IE6, you stll get a 'ghosted' outline of the bubble although everything is set Transparent - almost as if the bubble shadow is still showing. If you send me your email address, I can send you screen dumps of IE6 and IE7 so you can see the difference in behavoir.

Cheers
Simon
mailto:coding(REMOVEME)@controlbox(ANDME).co(ANDMETOO).uk

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
Please write to support@daypilot.org.

I will check what happens to the shadow in IE6 (but it shouldn't be visible).
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.