search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

How to debounce links rendering

Asked by Nemanja
2 years ago.

Hello,

In DayPilotScheduler I have dynamicEventRendering set to 'Progressive' and scrollDelayEvents set to 100. That works great for events when scrolling but the problem is that I cannot find a way to debounce the links rendering in a similar way. As a result, when I'm scrolling, the links are visible even before the events are rendered which makes a very strange behavior.

Can you help me out with this problem? If it's not present in the current version of the software, is it planned to be added sometimes in the future?

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

At this moment, the links are not rendered progressively, but they are rendered all at once. We're checking if there is a way to render them in sync with the events. That would make more sense.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

In the latest release (https://javascript.daypilot.org/daypilot-pro-for-javascript-2021-4-5156/), the links are now rendered progressively if progressive event rendering is enabled.

Comment posted by Nemanja
2 years ago.

Thank you for responding this quickly, I really appreciate you guys taking users feedback into consideration. Is it now possible to set the debounce time for links as well or they inherit it from events?

2 years ago.

The links are rendered together with events - that means the delay set using scrollDelayEvents will be applied.

Comment posted by Nemanja
2 years ago.

Sorry for bad news on Friday but it looks like the newest build ( 2021.4.5156) is broken in couple of places.

First problem: When initial rendering of events is done, the "Cannot read properties of null (reading 'rendered')" error is thrown. This always happens twice with initial load.

Second problem: When dynamicEventRendering is set to 'Progressive' now, when scrolling the same error as above mentioned appears.

Besides that, in SchedulerBeforeTimeHeaderRenderArgs - areas property is not exposed in header property. It's still present in your documentation.

2 years ago.

This can happen if one of the linked events is not in the data set or is not in the visible range. It should be fixed now in the latest sandbox build (2021.4.5160). This build also includes the missing "areas" property in the SchedulerBeforeTimeHeaderRenderArgs TypeScript interface.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.