search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Scheduler - right clicking changes existing time range selection

Asked by Anonymous
1 year ago.

See please the attached video "01-01-_2023_13-51-20.mp4".

You can reproduce the behaviour using the attached sample project.

The error does not appear, if the top frozen row is not added.

On the other side, when I left click an existing time range selection, I expect the selection to be changed, which means, that the left clicked cell should be selected instead of the existing time range selection from befor (s. please the attached video "left click.mp4")

P. S.
in this sample project I'm implementing custom snap-to-grid rules as described in this tutorial https://code.daypilot.org/39403/javascript-scheduler-customized-snap-to-grid

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
1 year ago.

Thanks for uploading the sample project.

This issue should be fixed now in the latest sandbox build (2023.1.5487):
https://release.daypilot.org/changes/js/

Please let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

> On the other side, when I left click an existing time range selection, I expect the selection to be changed, which means, that the left clicked cell should be selected instead of the existing time range selection from before

Clicking an existing time range will not clear it - this is by design. There are onTimeRangeClick/ed, onTimeRangeRightClick/ed, and onTimeRangeDoubleClick/ed events that rely on this behavior.

Comment posted by Anonymous
1 year ago.

Thanks for the fix. There are still cases, where it still doesn't work. See please the attached video.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
1 year ago.

It will work fine if you change timeRangeSelectedHandling to "Enabled". The "Hold" value is a legacy option which behaves the same as the default "Enabled" mode and which was already removed from the TypeScript definitions.

Anyway, the latest sandbox build (2023.1.5504) will work with "Hold" as well.

Comment posted by Anonymous
1 year ago.

Yes, now it works fine. Thanks

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.