search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Problems with Scheduler (all versions)

Asked by Mark Bonafe
15 years ago.

I am trying to redirect to a new page in the EventClick method of the control. I am using Visual Studio 2008 and IE7. Here is the error:

Event: Void AbortInternal()
Stack Trace: at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo) at System.Web.HttpResponse.End() at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse) at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url) at Dump_DelayManagement.DayPilotScheduler1_EventClick(Object sender, EventClickEventArgs e) in c:\DTA Files\AjaxDTAWeb2\DTAWeb2\Dump\DelayManagement.aspx.cs:line 465

Here is line 465:

Response.Redirect("DumpMaintenance.aspx");

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.

Do you use CallBack or PostBack handling?

I'm afraid redirect is not possible during a CallBack.

15 years ago.

The fastest way to redirect would be to use EventClickHandling="JavaScript" and EventClickJavaScript="document.location.href='something'".

Comment posted by Mark Bonafe
15 years ago.

I use PostBack event handling.

I'd thought of using javascript to handle the redirect, but I have two different options depending on the type of event clicked. One involves a redirect while the other does not. Do you have a sample javascript mehod that would perform a postback to the correct event (scheduler_EventClick) ?

15 years ago.

In the JavaScript event handler (EventClickJavaScript), the e variable contains the clicked event details. You can use it to decide what to do (e.g. using e.tag("youreventtype")). You can also invoke the server-side event handler using PostBack:

dpc.eventClickPostBack(e);
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.