search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Scheduler control broken in IE8

Asked by Richard
12 years ago.

DayPilot Pro for ASP.NET v 6.6.2351

In IE8, or IE9 using IE8 mode, the scheduler control fails to render with HeightSpec="Parent100Pct".

The script generates an "invalid argument exception" on line 2, character 14337:
this.nav.scroll.style.height=$x+'px';

In IE9 mode, the scheduler renders correctly.

Comment posted by Rhys
12 years ago.

We have also had similar issues with the functionality used to update the scroll.style.height property. If you can debug the code check what value $x holds, in our implementation it is holding a negative integer which I think is whats causing the invalid argument exception.

Comment posted by Richard
12 years ago.

Yes, you're right: $x = -36

I'm going to have to roll back to v6.4.2276, which is the last version that worked for me.

Comment posted by Richard
12 years ago.

I think I've found a possible workaround.

In my page, I'm hosting the Scheduler control within a jQuery UI Tabs control, with some script to make the tabs take up the full height of the page (excluding the header). I hadn't set an initial height for the tab pages, since it's not needed in Firefox or Chrome, and prior to v6.6 it wasn't needed in IE8.

I've changed the definition of the tab pages from: <div id="tab-schedule">
to: <div id="tab-schedule" style="height:400px;">
and it seems to work (at least in IE8 mode from IE9).

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
12 years ago.

I'm working on a a fix. It should be already fixed in the Calendar in the latest sandbox build (6.6.2355).

See also:
http://www.daypilot.org/sandbox/

Comment posted by Anonymous
11 years ago.

I know this thread is a little old but I am having this same problem today using the latest version (just downloaded this morning).

Is this still a known issue or has it been fixed? If fixed - what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 years ago.

The root of this problem is that the height of the parent control is too small.

This can happen for number of reasons:

• Older browsers (e.g. IE7) don't support position:absolute, bottom:0px for stretching the div to max height. You need to use height: 100% for all parents, including html and body.
  • It's not possible to get a height of a hidden element. This can happen if you place DayPilot inside a tab which is hidden when the init code is executed. The rescue is to call dps.resize() after the tab is activated. This will recalculate and update the height.

The latest release (7.2 - http://www.daypilot.org/daypilot-pro-for-asp-net-webforms-7-2.html) prevents the negative values from being set but it doesn't help with setting the correct height.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.