search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Moving an event between schedulers reset the start time

Asked by Aliaa
5 years ago.

Hi there,

I am facing an issue when moving an event between 2 schedulers which I also found in the online demo https://javascript.daypilot.org/sandbox/scheduler/eventmovingtwoschedulers.html.

The issue basically is, if you move say "Event 1" in the demo within the top scheduler, you will see that the event starts @ 21:00. Now, drag it to the bottom scheduler you will see that the event now starts @ 00:00.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
5 years ago.

This is a limitation of the current implementation. The event dragged from another Scheduler instance is treated like an event dragged from an external source (it only specifies duration, there is no default start time). If snap-to-grid is enabled the start time will be aligned with the cell start.

Comment posted by Aliaa
5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. I used a workaround. I passed the start and end time of the event in the event.data.tags and used those to display and create the new event with the right start and end times.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.