search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Calendar control; showing only busniess hours, but with scrollbar to scroll through the hours and not scorlling the entire page

Asked by Rick
10 years ago.

Hi,

With the daypilot scheduler, using the BeforeTimeHeaderRender event, I was able to show the days in my schedule using the business hours of our company.

Now I need to do the same with the calendar. Given that the calendar shows the hours vertically, I can't actually show the business hours for a specific day of course. However, what I CAN do is showing the hours starting at the earliest business day and ending at the latest business day (For instance from 7am to 7pm). However, I can't seem to do that decently. There are only two options for that and both do not really do exactly what we need:

HeightSpec=BusinessHoursNoscroll:
This shows only the business hours, which is what I want. However there's no scrollbar inside the calendar; the page needs to be scrolled instead. That's not an option as everything else scrolls out of view as well (including the header of the calendar, leaving it basically unusable).

HeightSpec=BusinessHours:
This does show a scrollbar inside the calendar, but it doesn't remove the non-business hours. It only scrolls the first business hour into view, which helps a bit, but is not really what we need.

So, basically, I would like to be able to use the HeightSpec=Fixed, but only show the business hours. And if there's no way to get that done sing workarounds already now (I bought the control yesterday, so I think I have the latest and greatest version), I would like to put it in as a feature request.

Thanks,
Rick

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
10 years ago.

You can control the hour range using DayBeginsHour and DayEndsHour properties.

See also:
http://doc.daypilot.org/calendar/overnight-scheduling/

You should be able to combine it with HeightSpec as needed (use Fixed or BusinessHours with BusinessBeginsHour and BusinessEndsHour).

Let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Comment posted by Rick
10 years ago.

Yes thanks. Sorry for that; I was completely fixed on the BusinessHours properties; probably because I started out with the scheduler control...
Rick

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.