search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

4.3.1309 shows blank bar, javasript errors

Asked by Scott Ivey
16 years ago.

I just purchased the 4.3.1309 version, and when I upgraded the DLL in my project (from trial 4.2.1264), i have an odd issue. When I run the project from VS 2008 using the cassini web server, i get just a blank bar instead of a full DayPilotCalendar rendered. When i publish the app to the server (Windows 2003 Web, IIS6), the calendar shows up just fine. Please advise as to what I can do to get the controls working in VS 2008. When the page loads thru studio, i get javascript errors to the effect of...

'DayPilotMenu' is undefined

'DayPilotBubble' is undefined

'DayPilotCalendar' is undefined

Let me know if you need more detailed information or screenshots.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
It's not yet fully tested with VS 2008. I'll be working on it and the compatilibility service pack should be released by the end of this year.
Comment posted by Scott Ivey
16 years ago.

The project is .net 2.0. The 4.3.1309 didn't work in VS 2005 either - I tried it in both versions of studio last night. I have the same issue with the demo site that comes with the download - opened the /Demo folder in studio, ran it, browsed to the /Calendar pages and have the same problems.

Scott

16 years ago.

Dan, one more question. Since the 4.3.1309 isn't working, and I purchased yesterday, how can I go about getting the paid version of the previous release? The trial of 4.2.1264 was working for me, so maybe I just need the full version of that instead in the mean time. My project is going to alpha today (Tues Dec 12), so would like to go with a version of the full DLL that works in studio so that we can work out the bugs.

Scott

16 years ago.
All the previous downloads are available in the customer area. Please contact me at daypilot @ annpoint.com if you don't know how to log in.
16 years ago.
Can you please post the JavaScript errors you are getting? I'm not able to replicate this problem (Visual Studio 2005 & IE7 or FF).
16 years ago.

Dan - for some odd reason, its working fine today now so I can't repro it either. I applied last night's patches from MS & rebooted, not sure if either of those would have fixed it. The javascript errors I was getting were in the first post. Thanks for the help, looks like I'm good to go.

Thanks again,

Scott

16 years ago.
Oh, sorry I already see the JavaScript errors above.
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.