search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Doesn't show all events on live server

Asked by Anonymous
4 years ago.

Hi.
I am at a point where I can migrate this to a live server. I have got everything in place, but only around 2% of the events will load on the live server, whereas on my test server it is working faultlessly. I have spent around 4 hours trying to figure out why but to no avail.

Upon load, if I go straight to "April 2020", it shows nothing. If I then use the Nav calendar to view March 2020, (where the very first booking is), it will show some, then it will load some for April, but only about 2% of the total bookings.

Can you shed any light on what could be causing this? it is as if it needs the first bookings on screen before it will load any others, and by only selecting dates (dragging on the nav cal) it will show more, but still not all.

I know it is working perfectly fine - as it is on my test server.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 years ago.

I recommend using the browser developer tools (Network tab) to check what is being loaded and at what point.

The loading logic may not be correct. The development environment usually has much lower network delay and that may hide the problem when testing it locally.

Comment posted by Anonymous
4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I have checked this and the results agree with what is on screen.

if tells me the form data is:
start: 2020-04-14T00:00:00,
end: 2020-04-18T00:00:00,
which on load shows nothing. I have to go to "March" first, then go back to "April" which then posts:
start: 2020-04-01T00:00:00
end: 2020-05-01T00:00:00
but this still only shows bookings that start in March.

if I drag the calendar to show 15th-22 April for example, the post is:
start: 2020-04-15T00:00:00
end: 2020-04-23T00:00:00
it will show the bookings. if I then the whole of April the ones it found will still show, but not the rest.

Again if I select. 9th-16th it will show these bookings, but when I click to show the whole of April it will still only show these 9th-16th bookings.

It is bizarre as it is working an absolute dream on my server here. it is as if it only wants to show specific dates I select and the viewport and number of bookings do not change unless I am dragging on the calendar.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 years ago.

It looks like if the request to get the full month failed on the server. In that case the data wouldn't be updated. I assume you switch the view and load the events using two different update() calls (or events.load() + update()).

You may want to check the response body of the data requests.

If you are using events.load() you may want to add the failure event handler or switch to jQuery $.ajax() and insert some breakpoints in the code to see what's going on.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.