search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

How can I add more columns on each row in headers?

Asked by Akhtar Raza
2 years ago.

I saw your tutorial on JS to add columns on headers. I'm using angular 7 I added two columns on two rows. But on the first column I'm getting a name, But how can I get the name on the second column or on more columns. I want to add a date on the first column as a full row. Can you write code here for more rows with names for angular 7 or any?

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

If you display multiple rows in the column header you can specify the child column content using "children" property - the columns are organized in a hierarchy (see also https://doc.daypilot.org/calendar/column-header-hierarchy/).

In your case the config could look like this:

config: DayPilot.CalendarConfig = {
  viewType: "Resources",
  headerLevels: 2,
  columns: [
    { name: "10/20/2021", children: [
        { name: "Project Name", id: "project", start: "2021-10-20" },
        { name: "Network with Contact", id: "network", start: "2021-10-20" },
        { name: "Journalist & Guest", id: "journalist", start: "2021-10-20" },
        { name: "Deliverable", id: "deliverable", start: "2021-10-20" },
        { name: "Comment", id: "comment", start: "2021-10-20" }
      ]
    }
  ]
};
Comment posted by Akhtar Raza
2 years ago.

I need 2 rows, the first with the current date and the second row with columns and their children.
what code did you mention here, I implemented it already and it is working fine. But I need the first column as a date as a full row, And the second column you saw on the screenshot or you wrote in the code.

2 years ago.

Sorry for this. I got your point. Just tell me how can I add 2 3 or more columns as full rows with no children.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

You can use the "children" property on any level. It is only limited by the hierarchy logic:

You can add full-width row at the top level (use "children" array with one item) but not at the bottom. The total width of all children is always the parent width.

2 years ago.

Thanks for replying. How can I display dummy data on this? I'm using events:any =[], But it is not working.

events: any[] = [
    {
      id: '1',
      resource: 'R1',
      start: '2020-07-04',
      end: '2020-07-09',
      text: 'Meeting 1',
    },
    {
      id: '2',
      resource: 'R3',
      start: '2020-07-03',
      end: '2020-07-06',
      text: 'Meeting 2',
    },
  ];

<daypilot-calendar [config]="configDay" [events]="events" #day #scheduler></daypilot-calendar>

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

You need to make sure that the "resource" value matches the column id (i.e. columns[].id or columns[].children[].id etc.).

You can display the event in the header if you enable all-day events (https://doc.daypilot.org/calendar/all-day-events/):

config = {
  showAllDayEvents: true,
}

You also need to mark the event as all-day using "allday" property:

events: any[] = [
  {
    id: '1',
    resource: 'project',
    start: '2021-10-20',
    end: '2021-10-20',
    text: 'Meeting 1',
    allday: true
  },
];

Just note that in the viewType: "Resources" mode the all-day event will only be displayed in one column.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.