search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

problem with overlaps in Server.

Related article: HTML5 Hotel Room Booking (JavaScript/PHP)
Asked by Pedro.
7 years ago.

HEllo¡¡¡

I'm probing your demo, and i have a problema wit Overlaps in server. When run the application in two different browsers. In one browser i have a reservation in one room, but if i créate another reservation in another browser and move to the same time slot thay i've created the otther reservation in the same run. Perhaps that your code don't detect the Overlap. The select to detect that exists other reservation in the same Time Slot never gives 1 and the result is that two reservation in the same timeslot for the same room creates.

Can you help me with this problem¡¡¡

Thank you for your time.
Pedro.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
7 years ago.

The Scheduler supports client-side overlap detection (https://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/event-overlapping/). This helps with real-time UI feedback but it's also necessary to implement server-side validation.

The sample project backend doesn't implement the validation for brevity but you can add it easily by modifying the JSON endpoints (backend_create.php, backend_move.php, etc.).

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.