search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

CellsPerHour and efficiency

Asked by Anonymous
15 years ago.
Hello,

I currently have a large schedule with CellsPerHour set to 10 (so each slot is 6 minutes) and it seems to really slow down. If I reduce the cells per hour, it seems to be alright. but unfortunatley I need it to display 6 minute intervals.

Is there anything that can be done to keep it running quickly and smoothly? I know this is a broad question, but I'm really looking for general advice and other things to check that I may have missed.

Thanks
Jason
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.

DayPilotCalendar has problems with performance when showing a lot of time cells.

The problem is that it was designed for the typical Outlook view, that means 30 minute cells, 24 hours a day, 7 days. That is 24*2*7 = 336 cells. All the cells are rendered as a single HTML table. When you switch to 6 minute cells and increase the number of columns (showing either days or resources) the table grows and the browser gets problems. The table DOM is created on the fly and both the DOM creation time and rendering takes longer and longer (it doesn't seem to be linear growth).

I could speed it up a little bit by improving the DOM creating code but that would only move the limit a bit further. The final solution will follow the model used in DayPilotScheduler reimplementation in DayPilot Pro 5.0. That means that only the visible viewport is rendered and the rest is created during scrolling.

This will be done with the next DayPilotCalendar rewrite (the time frame is 3-6 months).

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.

This rewrite is scheduled for January 2009 as DayPilot Pro 5.2.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.