search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

DayPilot cell can't handle three areas

Asked by Anonymous
3 years ago.

Hello guys.
In DayPilot scheduler i'm using areas to color cells so i can show when shift starts or ends. It works perfectly fine when i'm using cells that have duration of one hour but if i "zoom out" and try to use cells with duration of twelve or twenty-four hour duration then only one area is shown and cell is colored with only one color. Also it works with two areas in one cell.
In attachment i'm sending you picture that describes my problem with 3 areas (one for every shift).
Thank you in front guys.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
3 years ago.

Can you please post an example that reproduces the problem? You can generate a blank project at https://builder.daypilot.org.

Comment posted by Anonymous
3 years ago.

It's worst case scenario. I've tried blank project and it's not your bug it's bug in my app. :\
Something caught my eye (and maybe that is the problem) i see that areas is now part of "properties" property of Cell class, but because my app is old like two years i think i had to create Cell class like this:
export class Cell {
areas: Area[];
resource: string;
start: DayPilot.Date;
end: DayPilot.Date;
cssClass: string;
html: string;
x: number;
y: number;
unavailable: boolean;
}
And i'm using this areas property to create areas. Do you think maybe this could be problem or i need to investigate more? Thanks and sorry for bothering you.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
3 years ago.

If you use an old version of DayPilot, I recommend upgrading to the latest release.

The "areas" property directly in Cell is a legacy location which is not part of the TypeScript definitions but it's still supported - that shouldn't cause the problem.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.