search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Invisible Events and Other Intriguing Questions

Asked by Redd
16 years ago.

Is it possible to accomplish the following:

In BeforeEventRender, is there a way I can choose to either have it NOT render the event OR give it an invisible background?

In addition to the above, is there a way that I can color the cells beneath the event as well? For example, if the event is a special event, can I make the cells beneath it red?

My intent would be to use both of the above features to color cells by extracting special faux events. If there is a better way of doing this, I would love to see it.

Thanks!

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
1. In BeforeEventRender, is there a way I can choose to either have it NOT render the event OR give it an invisible background?

Not in BeforeEventRender. I would suggest doing this either in the original SQL query or preprocess the data source before assigning it to .DataSource property.

2. In addition to the above, is there a way that I can color the cells beneath the event as well? For example, if the event is a special event, can I make the cells beneath it red?

Yes, you can use BeforeCellRender to do that. You will need to detect whether it's behind and event using your own code.

Solutions of both problems require that you switch from declarative binding using DataSourceID to manual assigning using DataSource.
Comment posted by Redd
16 years ago.

If #1 is not possible, is there a way to specify the WIDTH of the event? For example, can I somehow make the event render, say, only 20px wide instead of letting it take up as much space as it can?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
Sorry for a late response: No, the width is always assigned automatically. Allowing manual width would complicate things too much.

I can't imagine why removing the event in the SQL query doesn't work. Can you describe you use case a little bit?
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.